COMMITTEE ON¬† RULES
216. Committee on Rules
A Committee on Rules shall be constituted to consider matters of procedure and conduct of business in the Council and to recommend any amendments or additions to these rules that may be deemed necessary.
(1) The Committee on Rules shall be nominated by the Chairman and shall consist of sixteen members including the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman.
(2) The Chairman shall be the Chairman of the Committee.
(3) The Committee nominated under sub-rule (1) shall hold office until a new Committee is nominated.
(4) Casual vacancies in the Committee shall be filled by the Chairman.
(5) If the Chairman is for any reason unable to act as the Chairman of the Committee, the Deputy Chairman shall act as the Chairman of the Committee in his place.
(6) If the Chairman or the Deputy Chairman, as the case may be, is for any reason unable to preside over any meeting, the Committee shall choose any other member to act as the Chairman of the Committee for that meeting.
(1) In order to constitute a meeting of the Committee the quorum shall be seven.
(2) The Chairman of the Committee shall not vote in the first instance but in the case of an equality of votes on any matter he shall have, and exercise, a casting vote.
219. Presentation of report
The report of the Committee containing its recommendations shall be presented to the Council by the Deputy Chairman or in his absence, by any member of the Committee.
220. Consideration of report
(1) As soon as may be after the report has been presented, a motion may be moved by the Deputy Chairman or in his absence by a member of the Committee designated by the Chairman that the report of the Committee be taken into consideration.
(2) Any member may give notice of amendment to the motion for consideration of the report in such form as may be consideration of the report in such from as may be considered appropriate by the Chairman.
(3) After the motion for consideration of the report has been carried the Deputy Chairman or in his absence any member of the Committee designated by the Chairman may move that the Council agrees or agrees with amendment with the recommendations contained in the report.
(4) The amendments to the rules as approved by the Council shall come into force on such date as the Chairman may appoint.